… that’s what I felt like today. I had to get a Taxi from Kings Cross to Victoria because I couldn’t actually carry the spoils of yesterday, then a taxi from the coach station home, and when I saw my two little onions I didn’t have the heart to hold back those treasures, especially as little orange head had called me on the phone (with daddee’s help) earlier in the day to tell me I was supposed to come home now, especially as same 2 year old had spent the previous night sleeping on the sofa with daddee because he missed mommy ‘too much’, especially as same little boy had held onto my jeans on Friday afternoon and said ‘you’re not allowed’ as he saw me packing to leave, and had blocked my exit with an empty laundry basket; especially as his twin brother little onion head had run to me and lay on my tummy clinging on like a limpet on my return today.
My husband opened the door and said ‘my God why did you buy all this stuff?’ Then on hearing it was all ‘free’ he had asked if I had spent the entire day sneakily yoinking everything I could get my hands on – little did he know – I had 3 dettol bags forced on me! …and as I went to leave after the party exclaimed “oh shit” as the pink cybermummy bag was thrust upon me. Little did he know how I had heaved and sweated my spoils back to the hostel (oh there’s a story to be told – watch this space), past some dodgy looking youths and actually slowed down and considered offering to pay them to carry my stash. Little does he know now (while he snoozes on the sofa after telling me – seriously telling me – that its very tiring looking after 2 year old twins) that my shoulders are still in pain from carrying my precious load – most of which I didn’t even bother exploring after the second or third bag of goodies I acquired. I started off asking for two of everything for the twins and I ended up running away from anyone with a collection of forever bags, or weakly giving in as they pushed them into my overcrowded hands.
So what did I get that was so precious – awesome I tell ya!
- HP hippo *2
- Disney pooh bear
- Portland lunch box *2
- Portland water bottle *2
- Dodo wall pad
- kidsonestopshop red frisbee *2
- leap frog magnetic farm thingy
- E45 junior bath milk *3 (gave one to mom)
- baby wipes * 3
- dettol wipes *3
- baby wash
- baby shampoo
- herbal essences shampoo
- Hyundai wrist snapper *2
- Butlins beach ball
- Toy Story pop up frisbee – I think!
- Nurofen medicine bags *3 (gave one to mom)
- Nurofen medicine syringes *3 (gave one to the cats)
- Touch of Silver something or other with added violet stuff (gave to my dad)
- packet of Garofalo spaghetti
- small packet of Garofalo pasta for children (?)
- stretch mark cream
- dodo blank book (very well used)
- 7 forever bags (gave 3 to mom)
- Tangled stickers
- crocs keyring
- ebuzzing mug (very useful I broke a mug within a hour of getting home)
- picture box notebook
- an array of colouring in and activity sheets and books
- things to blog about notebook
- various awesome discount vouchers
- disney ice cube tray
- mam baby bottle (have a friend giving birth soon – handy!)
- mini lego drawing set *2
- funky baggage labels *2 (exactly what I need for the newly acquired fire engine trunkies – to tell them apart, the boys argue over whose is whose because they don’t know. no idea.)
- picturebox mints in a tin (gotta love anything in a tin)
- kidsonestopshop pen
- picturebox pen
- penny scallan hairbands
- bag of stickers
- kidsonestopshop badge
- disney form – not handed in
- passport with two signatures
- High School musical CD
- Disney book and audio book
- many many other leaflets and brochures which I haven’t quite disected yet
- The most brilliant crowdsourced keynote book – my husband (the toilet photo man) was laughing his ass of about the vibrator story – mainly cause I have a funny one to tell myself – maybe another day
- a coaster (gave that to my dad)
I probably missed something. The boys liked the syringes best and injected everyone promptly.
Thanks to Cybermummy and all the sponsors my home that didn’t look like the expected Beirut after a weekend of daddee and two year old twins, but very clean and tidy thank you very much, was an utter pigsty within 30 seconds of my arriving and those same two year olds emptying the whole lot onto the rug.
The twins have gone off to nana and grandpa’s for the next 2 days and the room is still a disaster and im sitting in the middle of it on the floor surrounded by the addition of dirty laundry and electronic detritus, trying to find various charging cables and camera cables.
I’ve lost a shoe and my hair straighteners are forever entwined with my laptop cable – which is fine cause I usually use both at the same time.
See y’all next year – I’ll be the one with the empty suitcase in tow.